Sunday, January 23, 2011

Not just any other December...

Just done with the December (2010) that was \m/.. Reminds me about the month of December 2009.. A time which I never saw coming, which gave me a completely different experience.. An experience people dont really look forward to..

It was approaching November end and also the end of the preparatory leave (PL) for our first semester exam of the final year. Having spent many of the starting days of the PL applying for US universities, I was struggling with my studies.. And 3 days before my exam, I was down with high fever that refused to calm down.. A day before, went to take the dengue test. And as if it were a shot hit bang on target, the morning of the exam, the tests came positive..

I remember hardly reading 2-2.5 units for the Info Sec exam and this friend trying to make up for it by telling summaries of the remaining chapters half an hour before the exam.. Completely energy soaked, i hardly could write 2-3 sections and I couldnt go on any further.. Went straight to the hospital after the exam where I spent the next 5-6 days.. And those will be the days, I cant ever forget.

Cannot forget what all my parents and my sister did for me and what they went thru.. They really mean the world for me. Cant forget the friend who came to make me feel better and concluded that nothing was wrong.. the letter that came to reassure me that all will be fine soon.. the time taken by a friend out of his birthday celebrations to come and see me..the calls from all others who were giving exams and were told, not to come visit me while the exams are on.. and inspite of this, the apples that came along with one caring friend just to see whether I am fine or not.. All of these just made me realize how lucky I am to have all these people around.. This post is not to say a 'thank-you' but to tell you all, just be with me.. I am what I am only coz of you all..

On a lighter note, it was good that I missed those papers in a way ( coz they were too tough :P ) The reason wasnt good though.. It was really a weird feeling to lie down in that hospital bed as your friends were giving the exam and asking them how the paper was without having any answer on your side. Also, I got to watch Sehwag's test inning of 293 then :)
It felt good to be back to give the last paper though. I didnt really get a feeling then that some big exam was over.. Coz I really hadnt given a majority of it.. A big exam was rather facing me for the next semester.. Luckily I somehow had passed the first paper with the borderline score of 40 (who knows how.. hail Pune univ paper checkers). So it was 8 subjects for the next semester. Contrary to what I expected, the next semester was full of fun too coz of the BE project and the awesome times we spent together doing that.. I cant really describe the feeling I had after completing the 8th paper.. And never have I waited for a result with so much anticipation.. I did get a good score in the remaining subjects.. and I really owe it to people who were there with me again..

7 comments:

innermost said...

Only you could have done that!!
You are really amazzzzzing..I know you will but still keep it up :-)

FrostBite said...

you came true to everybody's expectation...and we all love you truly dearly....reasons enough i guess....and I was moved by the SMS i got from your dad after i got back home that night...telling me that you were recovering.....a very good sleep i had, I tell you.....keep rocking !

Dipesh said...

Hey Shri....Every one was knowing that u can do it in next sem and u did it....I remember that empty seat just one seat after me was yours at that sem....and we used to exchange lucks before 5 min of exam and for that sem I missed that...wish u good luck....hav a gr8 time...!! !!

sahdeV said...

Goes on to show डोळ्यासमोर चित्र उभं राहील असं लिहू शकतोस! Liked it! Keep writing!

Shriniket said...

@maith: I know you could have done it too.. and I will try my best to keep it up..

@manan: my dad knew what your action meant to me..

@dipesh: thanks yaar.. I do remember the exam times..

@vedhas: thanks!

Mrunal said...

F R I E N D S para khup awadla !!!
U are among the lucky few to have superduper fanfare hidden within that friendship!! :)

Shriniket said...

fanfare kay! friendship is all is there and all I need..