Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wishes at 12 in the night..


Couple of days ago was Mugdha's birthday.. And mugdha is a friend of mine, really close to me..
Well, this time around though I couldnt wish her at 12 in the night.. Had problems of internal body heat coz of lack of sleep and had to sleep early that night.. My gums bleed coz of that sometimes.. Anyways, that apart for now.. The first thing I did when I got up was wish her a lovely day ahead.. But something was different when I did that.. Something, which wasn't as every year it is..

Its not that not giving your birthday wishes at 12 makes those less important or less special.. Some people rather argue that its one of the worst times to call and wish as we are disturbing the sleeping time.. Many of these people too are awake till 12 on their birthday nights, rather the previous nights.. Something is there in that timing which makes the talk feel really lovely, whoever the person wishing might be.. Our heart knows, and somewhere inside it expects a call from some people who are very special for us.. The smile stays on our face throughout, as we answer those barrage of calls from people, many of them, whom we wont normally be chatting with, at 12 ;-) .. Whatever be it, one really looks forward to that time..

The birthday evening when I met her, the topic obviously had to come up.. Coz both us had felt that different thing in my birthday wishes in the morning.. It hardly matters though.. I knew for sure that she would have missed getting a call from me, the previous nite.. And so did I sorely miss wishing her at that very special 'wishing' timing.....

5 comments:

Shweta Shetty said...

I so completely agree with this! Birthday nights are just too special!

Aruna said...

Very true..nice post :)

Anonymous said...

I myself missed wishing one o my frenz once..n thats bad enough coz//one has to wait for an entire year to recoup wid that...
But about timings,I think,It should be a bit flexible.I mean feelings behind 'wishes' are more imp than 'exact timingz'

Anonymous said...

Yeah...that's truly special. But sometimes it may not be at just 12 o' clock. It may be some routine that you have, like you calling at a particular time each year to wish..even such things are special. Its all about the ritual, I believe.

Shriniket said...

@Rohan..

Ya, I agree.. I have seen this ritual of a particular timings too.. And that too turns very special indeed.. :-)